Meet the Sleep HealthCare of Connecticut Professional Team
Sleep HealthCare of Connecticut co-founder A. Joel Papowitz, MD developed one of the first sleep centers in the state at Norwalk Hospital in 1983. He was joined by Edward O’Malley, PhD in 1996 to expand and develop that practice into one of the leading centers on the east coast. Co-founder Derek Guice, RPsgT joined them in 2006.
As caring, highly-trained leaders in sleep medicine, they recognize the critical importance of sleep to good health. They’ve created a comfortable environment where treatments are personalized for your specific needs and your questions are welcome.
A. Joel Papowitz, MD, Medical Director
- Board-certified pulmonologist and internist
- Board-certified in sleep medicine by both the American Board of Sleep Medicine and the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Well-known expert on Obstructive Sleep Apnea and CPAP management.
- Past president, The American Lung Association of Connecticut, and recipient of The Connecticut Thoracic Society Annual Award for Excellence in Pulmonary Medicine.
Edward O’Malley, PhD
- Nationally-known researcher, academic and clinician in the field of sleep medicine specializing in insomnia
- One of the first to study and employ neurofeedback as a non-pharmaceutical treatment for insomnia.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
Derek Guice, RPsgT
- Expert in successfully guiding sleep apnea patients through the often-difficult adjustment to CPAP therapy.
- Managed AASM-accredited sleep center.
- Certified neurofeedback technician.